Once Upon A Time~ A Wedding Story

Have you ever felt like you are in a stand still in life because you are either 
1: Not fulfilling your purpose in life, 
2: Scared of the what-ifs, 
3: Running from what is supposed to be, or 
4: some other reason or all of the above. 
A little background so you can follow where I'm going with this:
In another life I used to be a Wedding/Event Planner, and I was/am pretty damn good at it too. I loved everything about planning weddings, bridal showers, parties, etc. until that one fateful day that I decided to take a last minute wedding that in my heart of hearts I should not have because everything that could go wrong did go wrong from the very beginning.Without going into to much detail, I was doing a favor for a family member of a friend but said family member bamboozled and hoodwinked me through the entire 3 week (yes, 3 weeks!) process of planning said shotgun wedding. Then tried to blame all of her errors and lack of planning an honesty one me! 
After said wedding, I took a very long hiatus from all things wedding planning (even my own). I second guessed all of my abilities (when it came to event planning) that I trained for, I am certified in, and I had a passion for. I let the dozens of perfect events that I planned be out shadowed by the ONE bad event. Everyone that was there to help me, even guest at the wedding told me that it wasn't my fault and that it would've been worse if I wasn't there, but I didn't believe any of it. It took me a long time to come to grips with it wasn't my fault. 
With that said, in the time since then I have tried a few different things that just wasn't for me or my heart was never fully in it. Will I go back to wedding planning: probably, but in the mean time, I am working on some super, dope wedding related things (as well as some other stuff) that I am super excited about. Stay tuned!!!!

Until tomorrow,




No comments